We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, April 10, 2015

Week 3 of D'ART Challenge #12 - "Dominoes to Dye For"

TGIF Dominoians!
We're now heading into week 3 of

 DominoART Challenge #12
"Dominoes to Dye for"


I challenge you to DYE your dominoes using only the Egg Dye kits sold for colouring eggs!  So dash on out to your grocery store and grab a few different kinds before they're gone for another year!  Click HERE to enter Challenge #12!  5+ entries required to win a prize!  For 5 entries or less I'm now offering Guest Designer spots to the stamper of my fave projects!


 For your week 3 inspiration I've been playing with metallics!
This egg dye kit consisted of a gold opaque glaze and some semi-transparent colours.  I used a combination of new dominoes straight out the box as well as some old ones from my stash of doms set aside for re-use.  The opaque metallic glaze covers up any previously stamped images nicely and gives them new life!  I had loads of fun mixing and creating patterns.  The above photo shows some of the variations I made.  Hopefully you can still find some kits in the Easter clearances and remember, there's no right or wrong way to dye dominoes so just have fun and play around with the kits and see what results you get.

I'm DYE-ing to see your challenge entries ;0)
Click HERE to enter Challenge #12!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...